cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does SG110D-08HP have enough POE power to connect 4 x WAP371 Access Points?

janik.fdo
Level 1
Level 1

I've just bought a SG110D-08HP and 2 x WAP371 AP's and have no issues so far. However I just ordered 2 more WAP371 AP's and realized after ordering them that the total POE power is 32 watts on the SG110D. As per the WAP371 data sheet the AP could pull up to 17 watts of power during peak running. Can I plug all four of my WAP371 AP's to my SG110D-08HP switch?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'd suggest to purchase a couple of PoE injectors to be on the safe side because even just the two WAP371's that you currently have can max out the PoE budget on the switch. Technically the WAPs will not be idleing at 17W so they may be able to work simultaneously in some conditions, however, the best option would be to either upgrade the switch, use external power supply or power injectors for the 2 new WAPs.

Thanks,

Kris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'd suggest to purchase a couple of PoE injectors to be on the safe side because even just the two WAP371's that you currently have can max out the PoE budget on the switch. Technically the WAPs will not be idleing at 17W so they may be able to work simultaneously in some conditions, however, the best option would be to either upgrade the switch, use external power supply or power injectors for the 2 new WAPs.

Thanks,

Kris

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your response.

I tried plugging all the access points to the SG110D-08HP and two of the
access points started rebooting so I ended up changing my switch to one
with a higher power budget.

Thanks again & Cheers,

Janik