cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E4200 + RE1000 + RE1000

f.hollanda
Level 1
Level 1

Please I need some help to set my wireless network with those equipments.

I have the E4200 with RE1000 in my old place, with no problems. In my new place, there is a blind spot and I bought another RE1000 to use like a repeater of the first repeater (is that possible????).

Does not work.

Searching for answers in the internet, I found how to set the WDS (available on the RV110W) :

A Wireless Distribution System (WDS) is a system that enables the wireless

interconnection of access points in a network. It allows a wireless network to be

expanded using multiple access points without the need for a wired backbone to

link them.

Can I do it with my equipments, or I have to buy the WAP4410N?

Tks in advance

2 Replies 2

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

This forum is for Small Business devices. The devices you mentioned are Cisco Home devices. I would ask your question in this forum.

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support

The RE1000, will probably only repeat a signal. I don't believe that it will allow that repeated signal to be repeated. To repeat your signal I would look at a WAP that would allow its signal to be repeated.

To answer your question about WDS: That option would have to be available on the 4200 and 1000 in order to do that. I do not believe that it is.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Advanced Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Tks Eric.

This forum is for Small Business devices. The devices you mentioned are Cisco Home devices. I would ask your question in this forum.

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support

I already posted in that forum but nobody from LINKSYS answered...

So, Eric, let me abuse of you. If I buy the WAP4410N wich is the repeater that I have to get to repeat the signal of the router to another repeater? There is one?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: