Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable Electronic Hookswitch with Cisco 7821

Hi, 

I own a small business, and have a Cisco 7821 phone. 

I've bought a plantronic CS540 wireless headset, and a EHS 43 to enable me to answer and end the calls from the ear piece.  It's connected to the handset, but I can't make or end a call using the earpiece as I have to "Enable Electronic Hookswitch" (it is factory set up not to allow that function, it has to be changed).  

To change it, the procedure is "From the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Device > Phone." (this advice is found at the bottom of this link https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7800-series/english/admin-guide/pa2d_b_7800-series-admin-guide-cucm/pa2d_b_7800-series-admin-guide-cucm_chapter_0111.html#PA2D_TK_E0A35310_00) .

I don't have access to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Admin, so does anyone know how I can change the feature on the phone to enable me to remotely answer?   I can't see any way to do it on the handset. 

Thanks and regards, 

James

1 Reply 1

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello James,

Sadly, there is no other way to enable EHS (Electronic Hookswitch Control) feature except through the CUCM server administrator. You can't do this on the phone itself.

Regards,

Martin