cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Extreme high number of DOA for WAP321s

Hi,

I've deployed a total of 15 WAP321s in 3 sites and every time I order a batch (3-4 units) for a client deployment, I'm almost certain (100% for the past 3 orders) to have half the WAPs fail within 2-3 days of deployment. Just last week, I received 7 units and I'm contacting my Cisco partner to return 3 units. With the 4-6 week return/service time frame, it is becoming ridiculous for a Cisco product. If this keeps up, I will stop deploying Cisco in the wireless area. We've already started deploying Netgear for routers instead of the RV series.

Recent batch "dead" units:

- SER1828000Q

- SER1828000N

- SER1828000H

All the WAPs are wall or ceiling mounted and powered from a Cisco SG300-28PP switch. In the case of the 7 units below, the units are not even deployed to the actual locations and are just being configured and connected using the supplied ethernet cable to the switch.

1 REPLY 1
Beginner

I check an old Service

I check an old Service Request with my Cisco partner for a previous WAP321 that I returned and the serial number is very similar - SER1828006D and SER1828006E