Views
Helpful
Replies

Four WAP4410N (1 AP and 3 repeaters)

caroline
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to provide WiFi in a big house of 4 floors so I have installed 1 WAP4410N wired to the Internet router to act as access point and I have configured 3 others WAP4410N as WDS repeater of the first one.

In the first one (the AP), I have checked the option "Allow Wireless Signal to be repeated by a repeater" then entered the 3 repeaters' MAC addresses as allowed devices to repeat the signal.

Is that configuration OK ? Because it does not work pretty well...

Is there any way to add anoter (a fourth) repeater to this configuration ? Because there is only 3 fields to specify allowed repeaters' MAC addresses in the AP.

Your advice are pretty welcome !

Thank you for your help,

2 Replies 2

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

The configuration is correct. One thing you should check is to make sure that the MAC address you used in the one as AP is the correct MAC. If you look on the AP Mode Tab in the GUI it should list a wireless MAC that is the one that is to be used.

Three repeaters are all that can be configured. To add more I would use 2 as APs and repeat some off of one and some off of the other.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your answer, I will check if the MAC addresses entered in the AP are correct.

If I configure 2 APs, is it possible to use the same SSID so users connect transparently to the same network ? If so could you please tell me how I must configure the second AP ?

Thanks for your help,