Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High Latency in WPA 321

Hi All, 

I am getting high latency in my AP. Please suggest how I can reduce this. 

With WIFI : 

Ping statistics for 10.71.1.6:
Packets: Sent = 46, Received = 45, Lost = 1 (2% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 669ms, Average = 46ms

With LAN :

Ping statistics for 10.71.1.6:
Packets: Sent = 28, Received = 28, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 0ms

5 Replies 5

leecoxhouse1
Level 1
Level 1

These are pretty old with maybe 1 more year of support.  But I have 3 of them running at my daughter's house which run fine using 5 GHz.  You don't say whether you have them running 5 or 2.4 GHz.  You also don't say what the load is.  More info would help.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

suggest to look at this thread may help to resolve your issue :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-wireless/wap321-high-ping-response-times/td-p/2500352

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rahul,

In case you are using 2.4 GHz on the WAP321 device then the most common reason can be ‘Co-channel interference’ which is causing the high latency via the Wi-Fi. Also we need to consider the signal strength at the client side from where you are pinging the AP via the Wi-Fi.

In case the wireless clients are capable to work in 5 GHz then you may verify the latency once by configuring the WAP321 in 5 GHz. And in case you want to operate with 2.4 GHz then first identify the channels operating nearby (you may use the ‘Rouge AP Detection’ option available inside the WAP321 or use any spectrum analyzer software), accordingly you need to assign any free channel on the WAP321 to verify the latency. You may also disable any service like ‘Bonjour’ in case that is not in use in your environment.

In case the WAP321 device is not updated with the latest firmware (1.0.6.7) then you may upgrade the same and verify the status once.

For further troubleshooting you may open a service request with us following the below mentioned link, accordingly we can assist you…

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

We have facing high latency issue in WAP 321 

i update firmware 1.0.6.7 but not resolved the issue.

kindly support us

every case is the different, if you are experience same issue, please follow the suggestion made or contact SME TAC support for to investigate the issue for you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help