cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Map CBW240AC WAP SSIDs to VLANs on RV345

parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1

Someone may have to wait and answer this in late March after the CBW240AC ships.

We're moving from Cambium Networks equipment to Cisco equipment in March. We'll be using the Cisco RV345 for the router, and a Cisco CBW240AC for the WAP.

On the RV345, I plan to create four VLANs:

VLAN 1: Primary VLAN for Internal Network

VLAN 2: Voice VLAN for VOIP (We will be using a Cisco SPA122ATA for VOIP since we're still on analog phones)

VLAN 3: I'd like to use this VLAN for the SSID of our 5GHZ Guest Network

VLAN 4: I'd like to use this VLAN for the SSID of 2.4 GHZ Guest Network

On the CBW240AC, I plan to create four SSIDs:

SSID for the Internal 5GHZ Network

SSID for the Internal 2.4GHZ Network

SSID for the Guest 5GHZ Network

SSID for the Guest 2.4GHZ Network

Is there a way to map our two Guest SSIDs to separate VLANs so we can isolate those who join those two Guest networks from our internal network? That'll ensure Guests don't have access to our internal network.

Our ISP is managing our network now (with the Cambium Networks equipment), and they half-baked our Guest network implementation, where guests can see all of our internal network. It's another reason we're taking back control of our LAN and moving to Cisco equipment (so we can manage our network ourselves).

Thanks!

Nathan Parker
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nathan,

Yes. You can choose which VLANs to map to your two Guest SSIDs. This way you will achieve that Guest networks isolation from your internal network. You can see that configuration set up in the online device emulator (for instance WAP581 but is the same setup for the rest of the Cisco access points): https://www.cisco.com/assets/sol/sb/WAP581_Emulators/WAP581_Emulator_v1-0-1-3/main.htm (Wireless-->Networks)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nathan,

Yes. You can choose which VLANs to map to your two Guest SSIDs. This way you will achieve that Guest networks isolation from your internal network. You can see that configuration set up in the online device emulator (for instance WAP581 but is the same setup for the rest of the Cisco access points): https://www.cisco.com/assets/sol/sb/WAP581_Emulators/WAP581_Emulator_v1-0-1-3/main.htm (Wireless-->Networks)

Perfect. Great to know. Thanks! The simulator is a huge help as well. It's given me a feel for the WAP interface so I can more easily transition to it.

Nathan Parker

Cisco support is excellent. What a world of difference from our previous vendor!

Nathan Parker