cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mixing WAP571 and WAP571E APs in a same cluster ?

Thierry_TDG
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am aware that it is not possible to mix different WAP models into a same cluster. But what about WAP571 and WAP571E : both models are very similar so can I mix them both in a same cluster ?

Denis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

boatanas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Customer,

Although the WAP571 and the WAP571E are similar, they are different models. The purpose of clustering is to allow easier management of multiple access points of the same model. 

Borislav Atanassov
Cisco Small Business TAC

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

boatanas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Customer,

Although the WAP571 and the WAP571E are similar, they are different models. The purpose of clustering is to allow easier management of multiple access points of the same model. 

Borislav Atanassov
Cisco Small Business TAC

Really?  I would expect them to be identical electronically and functionally with the only real difference being the exclosure to make it weather proof on the E model.  

Well this sucks ass, fix this problem Cisco

Did you actually verify this on an installation?  I would think they would and not go with the employees answer cuz that would mean the engineers who designed this line are morons!  No one in their right mind would think that a 571 would not cluster with a 571E.  If it doesn’t then I’d be really disgusted in the Cisco SMB engineers.  

Personally I’ve been installing Aruba APs lately cuz Cisco SMB has been falling short in many ways but supposedly there has been a push by Cisco to provide better products, quality and support to tue SMB market.  Time will tell and I hope its true but I got tired of waiting.  

Yes i tried it and it didn't work and that really pisses me off

Wow that’s asinine! They’re are the exact same model and firmware except one has an E at the end of its name cuz its in a weather proof enclosure.  It probably has a different UUID number cuz its weather proof and who ever wrote firmware required an identical match when they should have included the E version as compatible.  It’s got to be fixable in firmware but don’t hold your breath.

Yep someone definately needs a kick in the butt for this **bleep**up

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: