cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My query is about the WAP200E SMB

gonzalez.daniel
Level 1
Level 1

We  are working on a lead where the end customer requires coverage in a  radius of 50m in a few deposits with open shelves since their business  is very specific. It is a pharmaceutical laboratory. and  I consulted how we can document that this equipment properly installed  (to staff a safe distance) does not affect personal health. The  pharmaceutical meets strict standards for that reason require  documentation to ensure that this equipment can be installed without  representing a risk to staff.

Where can find the required documentation?

Thanks everybody,

Daniel.

1 Reply 1

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Daniel,

Not excatly sure what you mean by "radius of 50m in a few deposits with open shelves since their business  is very specific" ?

But my concern with this posting is  you mention the term radius.  I hope you understand that the two antennas built  inside the front of this hardened AP  lobe the wireless signal forward, according to figure 1 and 2 below. The diagram below shows the wireless radiation patterm.

I will include two diagrams taken from Chapter three of the attached manual to illustrate my point.  This attached manual also includes installation instructions i believe you requested.

If you purposely need a hardened directional wireless beam AP, the WAP200E is a reliable unit.  But if a omnidirectional wireless signal is really what you need , why not try  the  lower cost WAP200 or even better a AP541.

regards Dave

Figure 1

figure 2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: