cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Access to WAP150 Management Interface

rmike
Level 1
Level 1

Strange doings with a couple of WAP150-A-K9-NA v.03 (firmware 1.1.0.9). Management VLAN is set to 21, with brtrunk address 192.168.21.xxx. No native VLAN enabled. Wireless networks are on VLAN 20 (LAN) and VLAN 22 (GUEST), respectively. VLANS 20, 21, and 22 all tagged on ingress trunkport on a HP 2520g Procurve managed switch.

For the life of me I cannot get the APs talk to my management subnet. First, I thought this might be a router issue, but all other (untagged) management interfaces on the 192.168.21.0/24 subnet are responding. To add insult to injury, moving the management interface onto VLAN 20 gives me access again, albeit on the 192.168.2.0/24 LAN subnet.

The very same setup at an auxiliary location works. Only differences are a.) WAP150 version 02 instead of 03, and b.) different VLAN/subnet notation (31 and 192.168.31.0/24).

This has been driving me nuts for the past couple of days, and not having access to a CLI on this particular model doesn't help. I am drifting into voodoo territory here, but could this be a v.03-specific bug or is VLAN  21 reserved?

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

Mike

2 Replies 2

samanzoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The configuration seems to be fine. You could use /21 subnet in guest VLAN from where you are able to access the WAP. By doing this, we may eliminate the issue with /21 subnet.

If that does not resolve the issue, please open a service request with us following the below mentioned link to assist you regarding this issue:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Apologies for my delayed response. All devices on VLAN 21 (mgmt) access/trunk ports can talk to each other, so that's good enough for now. However, it would be nice to access the web management interface directly from the 192.168.21.0 subnet. This might be a router issue after all, and I will investigate further.

Bests, Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: