cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PLEASE !!! REALEASE NEW FIRMWARE 2.0.4.1 for WAP4410N !!!

ceramicheahura
Level 1
Level 1

as the subject .. All those who have the WAP4410N ...want the new firmware 2.0.4.1 and solve the AP problems of stops an repeat.  believe in CISCO.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3292474#3292474

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3285679#3285679

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

Sir I am sorry to see that you are having issue with your WAP4410N. A very high percentage of our customer are finding success with the latest beta firmware. I tried looking up a case for you so that I could see how I could help you. From your userid "ceramicheahura" I was unable to pull any cases, "open or closed" that pertained to the WAP4410N.

If you have had one and recieved the the beta FW may I have that case number. If you have not received the beta FW as of yet, I strongly encourage you to contact our Support Center and open a case, so that we can get the Firmware to you.

If you prefer, I would be more than willing to personally create the case for you and get things rolling so that we can get that for you. All I would need is the serial number for one of your WAP4410N AP's.

Non vedo l'ora di aiutarvi. Hanno un grande giorno

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
1-866-606-1866

View solution in original post

In case you haven 't heard.

The firmware 2.0.4.2 for the WAP4410N is official and available for download at cisco.com website.

FW Link:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/pub/software/portal/select.html?release=2.0.4.2&mdfid=282414137&softwarename=Wireless%20Access%20Point%20Firmware&catid=278875243&i=!n

Release Notes: (Please Read before starting the install process)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap4410n/release/notes/WAP4410N_Release_Notes_v2.0.4.2.pdf

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

1-866-606-1866

View solution in original post

28 Replies 28

ceramicheahura
Level 1
Level 1

in meanwhile here, ready to download a beta firmware :     2.0.3.3_T5

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3294573#3294573

Luca,

To get a copy of the 2.0.4.1, please contact the Small Business Support Center and open a Case.

Request the beta firmware and ask to have the case escalated.

Once the case is open and you have a Service Request number, post it here and a member of L2 Escalation team will contact you to setup the beta distribution.

Thank you.

adelano ha scritto:

Luca,

To get a copy of the 2.0.4.1, please contact the Small Business Support Center and open a Case.

Request the beta firmware and ask to have the case escalated.

Once the case is open and you have a Service Request number, post it here and a member of L2 Escalation team will contact you to setup the beta distribution.

Thank you.

thanks for your reply, adelano! ... i've been check out today the beta realese 2.0.3.3_T5 ...   someone in the previous thread has done what you have suggested and received the firmware from cisco support center, after open a case. It seem to work well, the problem of stops and repeater gone.

i hope to see soon the new (not beta) firmware in the software reposity of cisco site.

regards.

Greetings Luca,

Engineering reports testing is nearly complete on 2.0.4.1, so it should be avaialble on Cisco.com Software Download Center soon.

Our best estimates are by the end of February to early March.

Best regards.

adelano ha scritto:

Greetings Luca,

Engineering reports testing is nearly complete on 2.0.4.1, so it should be avaialble on Cisco.com Software Download Center soon.

Our best estimates are by the end of February to early Marc

Best regards.

thanks a lot for notice me the good news !! ... so  next check at cisco.com at the end of february   .. not bad !!!

end of march, any news about release of new firmware 2.0.4.1 ? ? ?

end of march, any news about release of new firmware 2.0.4.1 ? ? ?

I opened a case and escalated it yesterday.  I am deperate for a fix to these persistent dropouts.  Please have someone from the L2 Escalation team provide the beta firmware and I will be more than happy to report back if it solves the issue.

My case number is 616950845

Thanks!

-Craig

ceramicheahura
Level 1
Level 1

end of april,  and where is the new firmware 2.0.4.1 without problems ???  ..cisco said in several posts about problems of WAP4410N annuncing the arrival of new firmware ... said coming soon 2 month ago       i check reposity of cisco.com every day.   sorry cisco but this let me very ... annoying

milkboy31
Level 1
Level 1

I'm with Luca... I'm so annoyed that Cisco put out such a terrible product to begin with... let alone the fact that we have gone through a year of madness

with these defective and poorly coded units.  I've gone through the RMA process with 6 or 7 of them already to get V2 hardware vs the V1 that was problematic, only to see no improvement.  How bad is it that we have to strap a digital timer to each of these units to reboot them daily so they are stable enough for our users to not lose wifi during the work day?  We have these spread across 3 different locations and each one of them has the same issues!

Then we have "magic firmware" that is supposed to be released to fix all these issues which has turned out to be mythical firmware... It's now April 28th and it was "best guessed" to be end of February or early March.

Bah.

Cisco has lost any repeat business from me.  It's a shame... now I just want the junk we DO have to live with to actually do what we've spent the $1,000+ for it to do.

bah !!! ... and even today reboot the APs three times !!!  ..bah

Hi Folks,

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for release of 2.0.4.1, however we do have a pre-release beta that can be distributed to customers with a beta agreement. If you wish to obtain a copy of the beta, please call the Small Business Support Center at 866-606-1866 and open a Service Request.

Once you have Service Request number, ask the support engineer to escalate the case to L2 so you can get a copy of the beta.

Hope this helps.

Alex, does this beta firmware fix the issue with the AP dropping its connection with the clients?  This is serious issue for sure.

I made a service call to re-open the ticket to obtain the previous version of beta firmware.

Cisco would not send me the latest beta firmware without me first making a call to the engineer in Germany (expensive from the UAE) and allowing the engineer to take over my laptop to check the wap4410n settings she checked the last time.

Basically I couldn't face another long drawn out session on this issue, so I don't have the latest beta firmware and I'll live with resetting the two wap4410n every one/two days until the new firmware is released.