cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Problems using WAP4410N as a repeater for a WAG320N

I have a WAG320N router and want to use my WAP4410N as a wireless repeater for it within a small, internal network using the same SSID for both.

I have little experience in this and hope that there's a step-by-step guide to doing this - or perhaps some kind soul can help.

The WAP4410N has a wired connection and will work happily with a difference SSID but when we try and make them the same, we get nothing from it.

Same wireless channel, WPA-Personal security on both devices (same password), AP Mode on WAP4410N currently set to Access Point.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Advocate

Problems using WAP4410N as a repeater for a WAG320N

Hi Andrew, you may investigate the option to use the feature "client/repeater" in the wap4410n. This is where you associate a wireless mac address then match the ssid and security for the WAP to "join" the router.

I have no idea what your router supports, it is a Cisco home device. But, if the repeat feature is only WDS it won't work most likely.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/