cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Range of AP541N versus Aironet 1041

lbroering
Level 1
Level 1

I have done a wireless site survey at a library and one AP541N will cover everything pretty well. They do have one spot where the radio strenth is not quite as strong, but you would never buy a second access point for just that one area. I did the SIte Survey using a 541N Access point.

Here is my question. I see that the Aironet 1041 is very similar in price and according to the documentation has a stronger power rating and higher antenna gain. Why would I not buy an Aironet 1041? Anybody have any experience with the two access points?

We are just mounting to a wall and are planning on using the pwrin4 to provide POE for whichever we buy.

I attached the data sheets for both.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Both are good units.

In regards to the AP541N which is supported by the Small Business Support Center, it is PoE but it is recommended that it be powered by Poe Switch not an injector. Also if you are mounting to a wall the Aironet would be more designed for that. The AP541N is more of a box for a shelf and the Aironet is better suited for a wall or ceiling mount.

I believe both units are good units, but if mounting on a wall I would use the Aironet.

Thanks
Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
CCNA, CCNA-Wireless
1-866-606-1866

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: