cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove username on captive portal?

Trinetcorp
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to get that removed and just have the greeting, terms, and connect button?

I've changed it now to more of a spam authentication where they just enter a random word in there now. But I'd like to remove it entirely if possible.

Thanks.                  

6 Replies 6

Prithvi Manduva
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Brett,

You can try using the verfication as guest where there will be no authentication required.

http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Login.aspx?login=1&pid=4&app=search&vw=1&articleid=2937

Let me know if it works!!

Prithvi

Thanks, Prithvi Please mark answered and rate for helpful posts.

Thanks Prithvi, I did have that already selected but the field still shows up on the captive portal page. Anything else?

So....that doesn't work, what can we do next?

Purchasing
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to do this exact same thing.  Basically I don't want the guess wireless users to have to enter credentials, but instead just accept terms.

Just a tip in the right direction would be appreciated now. I was sold on this feature and it has yet to deliver between this, the ios 404 error, and the fact that the agreement window is limited to only 520 characters and it doesn't like anything other than text.

Sad cisco experience so far.

Trinetcorp
Level 1
Level 1

Any updates on this with the new firmware release?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: