Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Linksys E4200 + WAP200 repeating

ropbasuel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm an owner of a Linksys E4200 and a Cisco WAP200. I have a Linksys E4200 fully working and no problems on that. But I wanted do have wireless signal all over my house. So I've bought the WAP200 to be my repeater.

I've selected Repeater function on WAP200 with the MAC Adress of my E4200, put both on same channel, both same SSID, and both without any security (i'm testing with no security just trying to get this work). My E4200 is 192.168.1.1 and my AP is 192.168.1.245. I've put the gateway on the AP of 192.168.1.1.

I do not know what I'm doing wrong. My AP simply does not connect to my primary router. Is there something to allow the router of being repeated? I've looked all over the linksys menu and nothing about allowing repeaters.

I'm really stuck on this for days. Please tell me something to help me

Thanks

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business - wireless". You can move your post using the Actions panel on the right.

Hi Rop Basuel

The configuration that you have is correct except for one thing, the channel of your devices can not be the same, you must configure your devices on different channels , so that their signals do not interfere with each

But currently you are  posting in  a  wrong forum, post in "small business - wireless"

If this answer was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Thank you

Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: