cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320W doesnt regonise new admin password

bt_adams1
Level 1
Level 1

To log into the rv320w/wizard, the default user ID and PWD are cisco - cisco.When using the rv320w setup wizard, I get to the point in the install where the wizard forces me to create a new password. It never gives you the ability to create a username just forces you to create a pwd. I created the pwd and finished the install. I go to log back into the router and can never authenticate. I've tried cisco as user ID. I have tried just about every variation admin. Doesn't seem to matter. I booted the router logged in skipped the wizard and created a user ID with admin rights. logged out and back in no worries. Ran install wizard again, was forced again to change password. even with a defined user it still wont authenicate. The rouuter install completes and the router is up and running with basic config. No worries getting out on the net via wireless. I just cant log into it after wizard install. I could go manually set it up now problem but that would defeat the purpose of the wizard. Please advise.. Thanks

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

That is really odd, I have pulled a couple of RV130W's here in the lab now that we know that is what you have and have not had any issues with the Wizard. You may want to call in and create a case, so that one of our engineers can work directly with you. 

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert