cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340W settings

Mike Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

RV340W (using firmware version 1.0.01.18) settings does not allow me to change or disable the default username "cisco" leaving it vulnerable to an attack.  Will there be a fix for this?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, 
My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

The default "cisco" user on the device cannot be deleted. This is by design. If you believe that this needs to be changed please call our support line and open a support ticket so we can track this request:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

I will check that and I will keep you updated.

I can suggest you to use strong password - something which grants you very high level of security.

Also if "Remote Web Management" is enabled, you could specify "Allowed Remote IP Addresses".

Iliya Gatsev

Hi, 

The default "cisco" user on the device cannot be deleted. This is by design. If you believe that this needs to be changed please call our support line and open a support ticket so we can track this request:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev

Thank you for your time in this matter.  Previous Cisco routers and even some CURRENT models, including current WAP devices allow the default user name to be modified.  Would be nice if Cisco would let end purchasers/users know if features are removed. This is not a good business model for anyone selling, installing or using this hardware.  Please inform Cisco small business of the substandard format of their products.