cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SA520W Network problems

1TPerspectives
Level 1
Level 1

The SA520W product is used as a WiFi Router with DHCP server enabled. The problem is that from time to time the users can't see each other in the network until I reboot the router.

After reboot all is fine sometimes even for 1 week but sometimes only for 1 day. The interesting thing is that the internet connection is UP for all network users but the machines can't see each other in the network.

When I check the router logs I can see a lot of errors there like above:

ERROR

System

/pfrm2.0/bin/bonjourConfig /tmp/system.db 9 bonjourRegisteredServices 27 failed. status=-1

Component: PLATFORM

ERROR

System

[BONJOUR_ERROR]: De-Registering the service

ERROR

System

[BONJOUR_ERROR]: DNSServiceRegister returned err=0

ERROR

wireless

wpaAuthRecvPTKMsg2: mic check failed

Component: UDOT11

This are only a samples of what I can see in the log. If you want I can send you the whole log I got maybe can help.

Note that the router is on UPS and we also use surge protection.

Firmware version is:

Primary Firmware Version: 2.1.51 

Secondary Firmware Version: 2.1.18

Please let me know what can cause this strange behaviour?

Thank you,

Dani

4 Replies 4

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Dani,

These error's display above you have nothing to worry about, Bonjour is a discovery protocol. Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers, and the services that those devices offer on a local network, using mDNS service records.

Now this is used on the SA500 series devices for discovery by IT tools and Find IT tool bar.

If you’re having trouble with wireless clients I would first make sure the SA is broadcasting it wireless signal on a non-overlapping channel for best performance. That being said you can use a free tool call inSSIDer to view all wireless networks in your area. Next step we need a topology view of your network and how things are configured for further trouble shooting.

Thanks,

Jasbryn.

I'm having the same issue with Bonjour.

The SA is servicing a network with Apple and Windows clients, and the Bonjour service is necessary and broken.  Very frustrating, my users can't use applications specifically programmed to use Bonjour and printers are no longer advertised through the Bonjour protocol.

Nathan,

The bonjour settings under network managment are for the advertisement of the SA500 devices and managing the SA500 only and shouldn't affect any other broadcast/multicast traffic within a vlan segment of your network. As you know Bonjour is a multicast packet and a multicast traffic is sent out one too many ports within a broadcast domain. The only thing the SA500 wouldn’t allow is the multicast traffic across multiple broadcast domains. Usually the only time traffic should hit or flow though the SA is if a host is directly connected to SA or traffic that is destine for the internet.

You can contact Cisco SBSC @ 1-866-606-1866 for more details – just open a support case.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

I finally solved my Bonjour issues.

I noticed that on my wired network I was able to see all my devices through the Bonjour Browser

http://www.tildesoft.com/

However, on the wireless side I could see nothing.  I thought it was a VLAN or bridging issue, seperating the wired and wireless.  It wasn't, I merely disabled AP-Isolation on my wireless profile and I could finally see everything advertised properly.  I hope that helps.

-Nathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: