cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Self Registration Guest Access

peterholloway
Level 1
Level 1

This is a complete newbie question, but I can't seem to find the answer in any of the technical pages. We would like to set up a guest access point for visitors to our business, but we would like to require them to self register the first time they use the facility. I know that the WAP321 allows guest access and authenticated users, but can't discover if it will allow first time users to register for access.

Can anyone advise? If not, can you suggest a product that does?

Thanks

Peter

2 Replies 2

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Peter, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. I am glad to assist you with your configuration, but I don't understand so well what do you mean “self-register the first time they use the facility”?

Captive Portal allows you to block wireless clients from accessing the network until user verification has been established. You can configure CP verification to allow access for both guest and authenticated users. The database can be stored locally on the WAP device or on a RADIUS server. But this feature will always request the authentication, to provide access

You could see more details about Captive Portal in the admin guide in page 143.

Also here you will see some steps to configure it, if this feature works for you.

Please let me know if you find this answer useful,

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

puneelam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Peter

As Luis Arias metioned go to the link

Captive Portal Instance Configuration on WAP321 Access Point

After configuring instance you can desgin the web portal page in such a way all guest users can self register for the first time. For the configuration of the we portal page. Go to the following link

Web Customization in Captive Portal on WAP321 Access Points

For any question contact me back..

Thanks

Punith Kumar Neelam

Please rate the useful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: