Views
Helpful
Replies

Sometime WAP4410N "drops" in repeater or AP mode

dannic1987
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I also have problems with this type of accespoint, i have 2 (one in AP mode and the other in Client/Repeater mode).

Very often the connection between the pc and the repeater, and also between the 2 accespoints just "drops" out (like its resetting itself).

The accespoints are in enough range of eachother, so thats not the problem.

After the contact with Cisco here in Holland they said this type (4410N) is not stable with the 2.0.0.5 firmware, and its also limited to the B and G (not N) wireless, because else the accespoint will be even less stable??.

When can we expect a propper solution to this Cisco problem?

Greetings, Danny

18 Replies 18

Thanks for your prompt response, but does that mean you first publish the release notes and later the software image?

Cant you contact the development department and provide us an official statement?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap4410n/release/notes/WAP4410N_Release_Notes_v2.0.0.12.pdf

Hopefully will have a response for you early next week. Appreciate your patience!

This thread is approaching 7 months and still these issues are not resolved. Why does this move at a glacial pace?

These release notes refer to the addition of a second crystal which I interpret to be related to problems many have reported. It's been added to hardware version V02. How does this affect customers that already have V01 devices? How about customers that will buy them when it appears the problems have finally been resolved? Where do we get hardware V02 devices?

I am so incredibly dissapointed with Cisco's handling of this. I couldn't even reply to this message because the Cisco website kept telling me my id or password was invalid even though I clicked on the link from within the email I received. So I reset my password, but still couldn't get in. Tried my Linksys Business website password and it didn't work either. Finally I went to cisco.com and logged in - which worked - clicked the reply link again and got the error - clicked on log in - and voila all was fixed even though I didn't have to re-enter credentials. As if Cisco's website wasn't confusing enough the Linksys business website had to be merged into it instead of left separate.

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic...

and jumping on the bandwagon as well.

WAP4410N, stops responding at random.

changed SSID's, changed security, gave it PoE, then gave it power thru adapter, even changed the switch it's connected to.

this is completely frustrating.

Cisco, this is a known issue if this many people are complaning for so long.