cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP 527W Wireless speeds

Thule_rsr
Level 1
Level 1

Just bought the SRP527W router, initial setup went smoothly.   Replaced a working Netgear ADSL router with wireless in mixed mode for 2 client devices, 1 802.11g and 1 at 802.11n.  (Netgear router had DHCP issues with wireless devices, I got tired of waiting for a firmware that actually worked.)

Running Cisco wireless in Mixed mode, as Dell laptop wireless card can only connect at 54Mbps, but tower PC with Netgear wireless PCI card can't connect any faster than 54Mbps, even though it worked at 108M with previous router.  I've experimented with ALL the various channel combos available, and driver versions/WZC on the tower PC, but it's 54Mbps or nothing.

If the Cisco router is certified to 802.11n, any hints as to how to get the 2 talking at the 108 speed?  I had no intention of taking steps backward when 'upgrading' to Cisco kit.  Absolutely no issues with switching or ADSL operation, just the one wireless client connectivity.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: