Views
Helpful
Replies

strange behavior of WAP321

khanh tran
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I have 3 WAP321 that worked normally for 5 months. Today one of them meet problem after my power of/on issue, these APs use adapter, not PoE

after power off and come back, I waited for  20 minutes but have no wireless signal as before. I checked and see that the light of WLAN and LAN is off, just power light flashing with low speed (2x slower). I try power button is on/off some times but can't resolve. LAN port of AP is connected to a port in switch.

a strange thing I detected that once I change the connector of the ethernet cable from switch to LAN port on my laptop and then restart AP, the AP run normally again, 3 lights(power, LAN, WLAN) are on and can see the wireless. (I just accidentally know this while I try to access directly to AP to see if AP's configuration didn't lost). But if I change back the ethernet cable to switch port and restart AP, just only power light flash (2x slower).

Now I temporarily force this AP work by plug the conector of cable to LAN port of my laptop and start AP, after I see that 3 light of AP turn  on I'll change back cable to switch

i double checked, port on swith and cable are good quality. AP restart good for any LAN port on PC or laptop or IPPhone, except switch port.

did anyone face such issue? please help, thanks in advance

Khanh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dear Khanh,

It looks to me like a hardware failure, I'd suggest you to contact the Small Business Support Center to double check on our thoughts:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Khanh, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for your inconvenience, I was wondering, are you running the firmware 1.0.3.4? If not please feel free to download it in the link bellow.

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284152656&softwareid=282463166&release=1.0.1.10

Before you install the new firmware you can create a backup of your configuration and update your device, then perform a factory reset and upload your configuration again.

If you already are running this version I advise you to download it again and perform the actions above.

I hope you find this answer useful.

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Luis,

Thanks for response

Before I post on forum, I tried some firmware, 1.0.3.4 and 10.0.2.3 and 10.0.1.10. But both of them can't resolve my issue.

last night, I tried turn off to let it free for a duration. and in the morning today I can't start it follow my temporary way.

I think there're problem of hardware? give it back to supplier for warranty?

Regards

Khanh

Dear Khanh,

It looks to me like a hardware failure, I'd suggest you to contact the Small Business Support Center to double check on our thoughts:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.