Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Suggestion for next/last firmware release of WRVS4400N v2

Since this router already set up for IPv6 and Dual-Stack traffic, would it be possible to give it the ability to get its IPv6 prefix from the WAN side of the router.

Example:

I have Comcast, and as long as my modem and router support IPv6, with the router also supporting DHCPv6-PD to get the /64 prefix from comcast.

I now have an RV180W so this is not an issue for me, but my father is inheriting the WRVS4400N from me and he is also on Comcast.

Thanks

Robert Hessenauer

2 Replies 2

Hello Mr. Hessenauer,

On this case I recommend you to install the latest firmware available for this device (2.0.1.3)

Let me send you the link from the cisco site where you could download it.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282414016&softwareid=282487380&release=2.0.1.3&relind=available&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

If this answer was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco network engineer

Thank you

Juan,

The latest firmware for tis device is 2.0.2.1, and was applied within days of release.  While it supports IP Dual Stack, it does NOT support DHCPv6PD and obtaining both the external IPv6 address and /64 prefix from my ISP.

Nice try, butyou only get one star as you didn't read my email, nor would the (old) firmware you are suggesting provide anything close to the functionality I am suggesting.

Robert Hessenauer