cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time setting resetting to Dec 31, 1999 - WAP571

Mike-
Level 1
Level 1

Bought a used WAP571 access point updated firmware to latest version (active Image 1.0.2.6). The system time keeps rolling back to Fri Dec 31 1999 12:04:25 EST. NTP doesn't seem to be working so i set the clock manually, hit save and reloaded, clock still falls back to 1999.

Is the system time lost after a reload?

Is there a battery inside the ap that could be bad?

Is there something else im missing?
Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Look the setup guide, make sure you save and reboot and test it.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-support-documents/initial-configuration-of-your-wap571-or-wap571e-using-the-setup/ta-p/3172845

by the what is the version ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have NTP Server in your network, if so point NTP to that server instead of nist.gov to your IP address or FQDN.

BB

There's no ntp server on local network, bypassing ntp and setting the clock manually still produces same result. 

it is best practice to have NTP sync, if this AP have access to internet, you can use public NTP sync from your region.

BB

yes i am using the ap now to access internet no problems there. I just cant set the time with ntp or manually, it constantly loses the time after a reload.

Look the setup guide, make sure you save and reboot and test it.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-support-documents/initial-configuration-of-your-wap571-or-wap571e-using-the-setup/ta-p/3172845

by the what is the version ?

BB