Helpful
Replies

Two WAP4410N-G5 on a single SSID

poligrafica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I'm newbie on this forum.

I have two little buildings. I need to create a single network in each place.
In first building I have primary AP with SSID "A", in the second building I have second AP with the same SSID.

I try to setup primary AP like a simple AP and I flag "Allow wireless signal to be repeated by a repeater", I write MAC1 field with the MAC address of the second AP and it work fine.
After I setup the second AP and I choose last option: "Wireless Client/Repeater". With site survey I setup MAC address of remote AP and the SSID.

Now I'm near at second AP but signal is low and if I try to connect my netbook with Lan cable to the second AP I can not work fine.

Where I wrong??

Thank's for help me!

Patrick

2 Replies 2

jurodri3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mr. Micheli,

We would need more information about the current configuration, maybe some screenshoots in order to find out the reason of this issue. Could you please provide us such information?

In the mean time, let me share with you some troubleshooting steps.

Step 1. Determine the maximum range of the Access Point by placing the PC and the Access Point in the same room and then move these devices away in small increments to determine the maximum range in the environment.

Step 2. Eliminate as many obstacles as possible between the Access Point and wireless PC.

Step 3. Try using different channels as this may eliminate interference affecting only one channel.

Step 4. Open the Access Point's Web-based Utility. Choose wireless > Advanced Wireless tab. Make sure the Output Power is set to 100%.

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco network engineer

Thank you

hi diego

I am adding a WAP4410N to an existing wireless office network where I have the same problem.

These devices will be on separate floors.The signal is present but weak from the opposite floor. I do not think wireless

repeating is advisable

I am not clear on why to implement these steps