Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access WAP200e

OrdiSec06400
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Sorry for my bad English, but I have a big problem with my WAP200E.

It is a WiFi access point outside POE.

Following a firmware update via the GUI WAP200E it is impossible for me to get to it.

I waited 1/4 h, took the official firmware from Cisco website.

Hard Reset 10, 20, 30, 60 seconds.

Before that, it worked perfectly.

How to inject a firmware, knowing that it communicates to me no IP address.

The power indicator flashes green every second.

The lan light is solid green.

In advance, thank you very much.

4 Replies 4

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Remi,

It sounds like the device is back to factory default settings. Check you DHCP server to see if it has a new IP address.

If there is no DHCP server on the network, the default address is 192.168.1.245. In that case, set a static IP address on your computer of 192.168.1.200, Mask: 255.255.255.0, No Default Gateway or DNS. You should be able to ping the device and reach the web interface.

If that fails, try holding the reset button again with the device powered on for 12 seconds. Wait for it to reboot and try again.

- Marty

Hello Marty,

Thank you for being interested in you my problem.

I have a DHCP server, and I do not see

I have to try to live connected by setting the IP address, IDEM

When I do a reset 12 seconds, nothing happens: the LED power indicator remains green and lan remains solid green. I saw no sign of reboot.

I just think there are any firmware in WAP200E.

I asked if it is possible to inject a firmware via telnet, but I saw no IP address ...

Thanks in advance

OrdiSec06400
Level 1
Level 1

Is there really nobody who can help me with this problem??

Remi,

Maybe try holding the reset button before you power it on, contiue to hold for 30 seconds after it powers on, then release.

Post your serial numbers and I will check the warranty status. If the devices are under warranty they can be replaced.

- Marty

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: