Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to remote access management portal on 140AC WAPs

scott.court
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have several sites that have clusters of Cisco Business 240AC.  These are configured with a management portal on VLAN1 and I can remotely access the management portal across the company WAN, however, due to recent shortages, I have had to use the smaller 140AC devices in a couple of new sites, and these are set up in an identical manner, yes I am unable to remotely access the management portal for these 2 sites.  I can access the portal when on site and connected to the same LAN, but when connecting remotely, the browser hangs after the certificate warning and never reaches the login page.  I have tried Chrome, Edge and Firefox, cleared caches in all, tried different machines to connect, but the result remains the same.

I can ping the management IP address both locally and remotely with no issues.  The hardware and VLAN setup is identical on all our sites, so it's not a misconfiguration, and the access points are all running the latest firmware.  Are the 140AC devices simply not manageable remotely?

I'd appreciate some help with this as I have another 25 of them in stock to install soon, and it's going to be a major issue if I can't remotely manage them.

2 Replies 2

Hi

On cisco docs is written:

"Deploy and configure multiple Cisco Business access points and mesh extenders easily without a physical controller, using Cisco Business Mobile app . Optional multisite remote management is available through the Cisco FindIT Network Management."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCJqGhAkteQ 

As stranger as it may seem, they dont have web management.

scott.court
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for your reply, but the 140AC's do have a web management portal, as we used this portal to set them up, and we can access them locally on the same LAN, we just cannot access it remotely across the company WAN.  The web management portal is identical to that of the 240AC's, which we can remotely manage across the WAN.

Thanks

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: