Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 150 losing gateway

archeronis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have multiple sites and have started to purchased WAP 150's instead of the 321's. We have used 321's for a long time and were great. The 150's are very similar and so we have now been setting those up. On two sites our 150's have been losing the gateway and cannot route beyond the local LAN.If I look at the gateway in the config it is there but I cannot ping the WAP's over the WAN. I can over the LAN. This causes us an issue as they use RADIUS for authentication and have to go over the WAN for this. Never been an issue with any other WAP we have ever had. The same fault has now occurred on two separate WAN sites so I am thinking a bug.

If I login over the LAN to the GUI and overtype the last octet of the gateway address and choose save immediately the WAP is pingable over the WAN and can now authenticate again.

Anyone else seeing this and fixed?

I am on the latest firmware.

Thanks

34 Replies 34

aires_sysadmin
Level 1
Level 1

**ATTENTION CISCO**

We need a fix to this. You say call in, but then ask for a smartnet contract number which we do not need for a small business product.

Hi,

we are also facing the same issue on our WAP :

We lose connectivity but we still can manage them within the same vlan.

If you want to open a case on it, go through the chat and ask them to open a case for you. I did it this morning and worked fine for me.

Regards.

Actually logged a call on Friday and they accepted without a Smartnet contract. Another WAP 150 had same issue. Been escalated internally as looking like Software Bug. If get a solution I'll post it up.

Bug CSCvg69584

Beta available from Cisco to address.

Workaround: you can set the IP address to DHCP.

I called in without smartnet contract and they dealt with me very well.

Wow!

Thanks a lot.

I had previously tried the DHCP settings, assuming it to be a workaround, but still had the same issue on a reboot.

TakaChii
Level 1
Level 1

I reported this problem to the Cisco Support Center.

The ticket was opened.

I'll report it as soon as I have progress.

I got new firmware. WAP not losing gateway when WAP reboot.

New firmware was delivered to me. It is not published

Wow, finally! So when and how are we going to receive this new firmware? This has been a problem for far too long.

i have the same problem, how can i get the latest firmware,

gsdroubi@hotmail.com

My version is 1.1.0.9_big-hammer.

This issue is cleared.

This firmware is 1 year old and published

On cisco site

i have the latest firmware,it is not losing gateway,but the startup is not right since if I remove the

power (POE or Adapter) ,it operates normally without any problem ( I have 10 AP having this issue)

any suggestion for a solution??

Dear Gsdroubi ,

Please send me your Cisco ID along with a serial number of your WAP150 and I will make sure that a service request is opened for you.

Thanks.

Borislav Atanassov
Cisco Small Business TAC

I'm having the same problem with three units, every time the devices reboot the gateway is lost. Firmware version 1.1.0.9.

Would you care to see that a service request is opened for me as well?

Thanks.

S/N: DNI2026A221, DNI2113A01M and DNI2113A064.

Cisco ID: danielssferreira

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: