Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 321 and WAP 371 in single cluster ?

Mathieu M
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to form a single point setup cluster with a WAP 321 and a WAP 371 ?

For now, both APs seem to not see each other.

Thanks you in advance for your answer.

Mathieu.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

THe main reasoning that we suggest and support that only like devices (321 to 321 or 561 to 561) are clustered together has to do with the feature sets. With clustering basicially you are copying the config from one unit and placing on another. When the devices are dissimilar like 321 and 371 the differences, out weigh what they have in common and will make a cluster not as stable during the update or push of the changes.

Hope this helps explain.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Eugene Khoo
Level 1
Level 1

No. I don't think you can.

I've deployed 321s (clustered) and 371s (also clustered) in a few sites and there's no way to cluster them together.

I wish they could though and wonder what's the reason for that. 

Hello

THe main reasoning that we suggest and support that only like devices (321 to 321 or 561 to 561) are clustered together has to do with the feature sets. With clustering basicially you are copying the config from one unit and placing on another. When the devices are dissimilar like 321 and 371 the differences, out weigh what they have in common and will make a cluster not as stable during the update or push of the changes.

Hope this helps explain.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I am a bit disappointed because I would have to hear the opposite, but your answer is very clear.

I suggest that an update on documentation would be great to include this "work as design".

Sincerely yours,  Mathieu.