cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 321 new Firmware

ccarmock
Level 1
Level 1

I see new firmware is available fo rthe WAP 321.

I tried to read the release notes from the link in the rupper right hand side of the scren bt get a 'Forbidden file' message.    I am logged into Cisco.com .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

The release notes for the WAP321 and the WAP121 are the same. Please try this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap121/release/notes/ReleaseNotes_for_the_WAP121_321.pdf

I was able to get to this. I will have the other link investigated.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Advanced Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

The release notes for the WAP321 and the WAP121 are the same. Please try this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap121/release/notes/ReleaseNotes_for_the_WAP121_321.pdf

I was able to get to this. I will have the other link investigated.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Advanced Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Thanks Eric,  That link works just fine.

Regards

Clive

dale_bentley
Level 1
Level 1

Eric,

I note this is just a MIB files update for WAP321 - any status on when the new firward will actually be available?

Cheers,

Dale Bentley

Hi Dale,

Please go here to download the f/w:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=284152656&flowid=32563&softwareid=282463166&release=1.0.1.10&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Thanks Cindy,

Somehow I ended up in the MIB download section however never realized my mistake.

I have successfully downloaded and applied the latest firmware to one WAP now for testing.

Cheers,

Dale.

When implementing this new firmware do I have to reset the AP back to Factory Defaults first?

Hello,

The reason that Cisco recommends this on occasion, is when there is an added feature or layout change, the old configuration will not always match up with the new GUI, which in some circumstances can cause issues.

It is not specifically stated that with this firmware that you have too. However as a general rule I always have customers that I am working with do a factory reset. Doing so does not hurt anything.

Hope this helps.

Eric Moyers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: