cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 371 - Cluster does not work

lzi000001
Level 1
Level 1

I want to create a cluster with 2 Access Points.

I can create a Cluster on the first AP. When i join the second AP to the cluster i have some strange problems:

- Under "Single Point Setup\Access Points" is only one Access Point listet (Only the AP which you are logged in)

- Both APs are listet as "Cluster Controller"

- Not all settings are transferd in the Cluster (Wireless Security, SSID, ....)

I had also a strange problem with the 1.3 Firmware:

- When i join the second AP to the Cluster, both APs are showing the same informations on there websites (MAC, Serialnumber...). When i disable the Single Point Setup on the Second AP, both websites are showing correct (different MAC, Serial...) Informations. I cant reprpduce this with the 1.2 firmware.

I tested this with the Firmware 1.3 and the older 1.2 Version.

3 Replies 3

lsidoti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a WAP 371 and a WAP 361 with last updates on both and at the moment of creating the cluster I put the same cluster name on both setting but it says that I have 1 AP in the cluster but in Find It the cluster appears... But the SSID does not appears... 

I just upgraded to 1.3.0.7 firmware.  My cluster is still in good shape.  I have to say I already was using 1.3.0.6 firmware. I did not start from scratch.

dougmcfarlane
Level 1
Level 1

It appears your issue relates to the two different WAP371 versions you have running. I notice from the attached images that the 'master' is a WAP371-E-K9 and the 'slave' is a WAP371-A-K9. This article (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/wireless/cisco-small-business-100-series-wireless-access-points/smb5182-configure-a-cluster-on-a-wireless-access-point-wap-through-s.html ) explains that the Product Information (PID) and firmware versions need to be the same for all the WAPs to create a single cluster. 

You may want to take a look at the PIDs on the labels on the bask of the WAP. I found that all the device labels said that the WAPS were all WAP371-E-K9, but found that in the GUI one was reporting that it was a WAP371-A-K9 and wouldn't join the cluster. I'm now in back and forth with the Small Business TAC and so far they are refusing to replace the faulty unit. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: