cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 561 Traffic through the AP drop then Client with Intel Ultimate-N 6300 try to connect

ssteindorfer
Level 1
Level 1

hi community

I have two WAP561 with firmware 1.2.0.2 running. One AP is running since 1 year without any problems. The second AP was installed 3 days ago and this AP has the problem which i have describe in the title.

This means everthing is fine with the connectifity and the traffic through the AP until my laptop with the Intel 6300 is trying to connect to the AP. Then this happen the traffic and new associaten are stucking and dropping, for new devices and already connect devices on theis AP. I can only solve this problem then is switch off the wlan from the laptop and reboot the AP.

the first installed AP is not affected form this issue.

The Intel Ultimate-N 6300 is the only wlan card in my network with 3 antennas. If I downgrade to 1.1.2.3 everthing is fine with both APs.

Can anyone give me hint if there is a BUG or a HW failure?

i have attched a diagonstig log then the issue appears.

regards

Stefan

3 Replies 3

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Stefan, I am sorry that your are having this issue. From the sound of it, you hay have discovered a bug.

In order to better determine this please reach out to the Small Business support center and open a ticket.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

The diagnostic file is a great start.Is that from when the problem is occurring? I assume yes if, so we will need one from when the problem is not occurring to compare. Also you mention only the Intel Ultimate-N 6300, does that mean that when using other wireless client everything works as it should?

Some of the other things that they will need will be:

Wireshark capture to analyze the packets as they are being transmitted and received.

MAC address of the Intel Ultimate-N 6300

Network diagram

Let me know once you have created a ticket. I can then also check in on it and assist if needed.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

hi,

Thanks for your answere.

I have organize a third AP for testing and this one is working fine. No problems with 1.2.0.2 same configration and setup. My laptop and the other WLAN devices can join and commincate with out interrups.

I think this AP is damaged (one of the three antennas inside) and the issue appers then my Laptop try to join with all three antennas (217 Mbit an 2.4GHz). How should I proceed? RMA the device?

regards

Stefan

Yes I would call in and open a support case.

Eric Moyers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: