Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP121 Buggy firmware : crash with firmware greater than 1.0.0.3

vincent.lebon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have more than 10 WAP121 devices and everything was fine before I upgrade a few of them to firmware greater than 1.0.0.3.     

After 2-3 days the upgraded devices just crash and doesn't respond to ping. I have to reboot them each time. I'm using POE catalyst to power them.

It would be nice to sort this out or to give us the possibility to download the factory firmware 1.0.0.3 not available on the download section.

Best regards,

Mathieu

32 Replies 32

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please upgrade to 1.0.2.3 and see if the issue persists.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi,

No the issue persists with all firmware available except the factory firmware 1.0.0.3.

Best Regards

1.0.0.3 directly to 1.0.2.3 --> still crash

1.0.0.3 to 1.0.1.10 --> still crash

1.0.1.10 --> 1.0.2.3 --> still crash

Vincent, this isn't a documented issue at this time. Please call the SBSC to open a case.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hey Vincent

Just out of curiosity, what power standard is the Catalyst using?

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hello Eric Moyers 。Do you have Cisco WAP121_1.0.0.3 firmware.Please send it to me.

My email is 184423061@qq.com

Thank you very much.

vincent.lebon
Level 1
Level 1

Power 15.4   Device : Ieee PD    class: 3   

Best Regards

What I am looking for is if your Catalyst uses Pre-Standard PoE or 802.3af. They are slightly different. The WAP321 only uses the latter 802.3af.

Here is a link that gives a little more info on the two:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_qanda_item09186a00808996f3.shtml#qa3

Please research your Catalyst and see what it can use. I am not saying this is the issue, but it is something that needs to be checked.

Eric Moyers

Hi,

I don't think PoE cause this because we replaced the buggy upgraded wap121 with wap121 stock firmware (1.0.0.3) and they work fine under the same PoE conditions.

I've disabled the PoE on the catalyst and the wap is now powered with the standard power supply. Now I will wait a few days.

Mathieu

Ok so, I make another test without POE. The wap121 was still ok a few minutes ago. When I try to reach the web page of the device, it was quite slow. I had just the time to pick the diagnose information file and after that the web interface stop responding. A few minutes later the wap121 crashes and reboot without my help.

So it happens even without PoE

Best Regards,

Mathieu

Very Strange. We have several of these WAP121 here that have been upgraded and are not having any PoE issues. The only difference that I can think of is that we are not using a Cat switch here, just Cisco Small business PoE switches.

The best thing at this point is to call in and open a case at the support center.

Cisco Small Business Support contacts:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

If the unit is less than 30 days old I would simply go to place of your purchase and exchange it.

Eric Moyers

dalfiumer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have the same problem, the WAP121 is powered by the power supply.

I upgraded to 1.0.2.3 and since then it crashes every day.

HELLO!  I need WAP121_1.0.0.3 firmware. please send it to me.

thank you.

my email is 184423061@qq.com

Thank you very much.

Hi! That´s really an email address?? I have no problem sharing with you the FW.

Yes,this is an really email address,if you hava cisco WAP121_1.0.0.3 firmware,please send it me.

thank you very much!

I'm from china,I'm english is not goog.

I need cisco WAP121_1.0.0.3 firmware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: