cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

WAP121 - feature request

I have a suggestion to improve the firmware WAP121.

MAC address filter - it would be very helpful to have a comment for each MAC address.

I could write here a hostname or username for each client.

Administrator's web interface - please do write to syslog all successful (ip+username+date/time) and unsuccessful (ip+date/time) logins to WAP121.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Karel Novak

Everyone's tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Beginner

WAP121 - feature request

Hello Karel,

Those are some great ideas. I would have thought that the mac filtering would have had a comment section already but I guess not. I'm not sure how they do feature requests on the Cisco forums but I do know you can call Cisco support and have a case open for a feature request. They'll open a case for you and then they'll escalate it to L2 for them to look at it. If they get enough requests for a certain feature they will consider it in a firmware release.. hopefully.

The number for them is in the link below,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Thanks,

Clayton Sill

Beginner

Re: WAP121 - feature request

Hello Clayton,

thanks for your message. I am afraid I don't understand spoken English well so I can't call them. I have tried to send it to some "@cisco.com" email but they answered me to write my proposal to this forum.

I am very sorry that my request will be dropped because I think it is really useful and it doesn't mean a lot of new code.

Mainly logging of unsuccessful logins can work as a part of IDS (Intrusion Detection System) - if somebody hack my AP, first he will try to login to it and read/change settings.

Karel Novak

Beginner

Hello Karel,

Well I know Cisco checks these forums so I'm sure they will see this post. I agree with you though these are some good features to have in this WAP! Other than that you could always open a chat with them as well.

Have a good day!

Thanks,

Clayton Sill

Rising star

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Clayton is right we do look out here.

Mr. Novak I also like the suggestion that you have made. But in order to get these to the right people to review, We need to create a case. I would suggest trying to contact the Support Center in Sophia Bulgaria.

If you have problems getting through there, please feel free to send me an email and I will open a case for you.

If you hold the mouse over my picture you will be able to see my email..

Send me your Cisco UserID and I can then use that to get the case created.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Cisco Small Business Support contacts:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Rising star

WAP121 - feature request

Sir, I got your email and tried to send you a response through the email associated with your CCOID. It was returned as undeliverable.

Just wanted you to know that I have created this feature request for you and I will be sending it up shortly. From this point on it will be reviewed but I have no way of knowing the outcome or how the decisions are made. If I hear anything, I will update you.

Eric Moyers

Beginner

WAP121 - feature request

Hello Eric,

thanks for Your help with creating the request!

I apologize for not using my private email. I do so because of privacy.

I follow this thread, if You write here, I will read it.

I wrote my initial message because I thought it could be really useful.

Now it's up to CISCO engineers. If they like it I will be happy that I help to CISCO make good product.

Thanks,

Karel Novak