cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP121 - feature request

karelnovak
Level 1
Level 1

I have a suggestion to improve the firmware WAP121.

MAC address filter - it would be very helpful to have a comment for each MAC address.

I could write here a hostname or username for each client.

Administrator's web interface - please do write to syslog all successful (ip+username+date/time) and unsuccessful (ip+date/time) logins to WAP121.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Karel Novak

6 Replies 6

Clayton Sill
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Karel,

Those are some great ideas. I would have thought that the mac filtering would have had a comment section already but I guess not. I'm not sure how they do feature requests on the Cisco forums but I do know you can call Cisco support and have a case open for a feature request. They'll open a case for you and then they'll escalate it to L2 for them to look at it. If they get enough requests for a certain feature they will consider it in a firmware release.. hopefully.

The number for them is in the link below,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Thanks,

Clayton Sill

Hello Clayton,

thanks for your message. I am afraid I don't understand spoken English well so I can't call them. I have tried to send it to some "@cisco.com" email but they answered me to write my proposal to this forum.

I am very sorry that my request will be dropped because I think it is really useful and it doesn't mean a lot of new code.

Mainly logging of unsuccessful logins can work as a part of IDS (Intrusion Detection System) - if somebody hack my AP, first he will try to login to it and read/change settings.

Karel Novak

Hello Karel,

Well I know Cisco checks these forums so I'm sure they will see this post. I agree with you though these are some good features to have in this WAP! Other than that you could always open a chat with them as well.

Have a good day!

Thanks,

Clayton Sill

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Clayton is right we do look out here.

Mr. Novak I also like the suggestion that you have made. But in order to get these to the right people to review, We need to create a case. I would suggest trying to contact the Support Center in Sophia Bulgaria.

If you have problems getting through there, please feel free to send me an email and I will open a case for you.

If you hold the mouse over my picture you will be able to see my email..

Send me your Cisco UserID and I can then use that to get the case created.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Cisco Small Business Support contacts:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Sir, I got your email and tried to send you a response through the email associated with your CCOID. It was returned as undeliverable.

Just wanted you to know that I have created this feature request for you and I will be sending it up shortly. From this point on it will be reviewed but I have no way of knowing the outcome or how the decisions are made. If I hear anything, I will update you.

Eric Moyers

Hello Eric,

thanks for Your help with creating the request!

I apologize for not using my private email. I do so because of privacy.

I follow this thread, if You write here, I will read it.

I wrote my initial message because I thought it could be really useful.

Now it's up to CISCO engineers. If they like it I will be happy that I help to CISCO make good product.

Thanks,

Karel Novak