Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP121 restarting at random points

Good Afternoon,

We have lots of Cisco equipment and never had any issues until now!

We have recently purchased a WAP121 and installed it to provide Wireless access to various IP cameras located in part of our factory. The WAP121 has been installed without any use of VLANs and is powered by PoE.

The first 7 days the AP worked a treat! The only two issues I had were; one of the IP cameras not connecting and latency/speed of the data was not great. Initially I had setup a WEP network with the use of two VAP's and using QoS associated with the VAP's. I also have a PC connecting to this access point - remote access to this station was very unreliable. 

Due to the rubbish performance, I now only use one VAP, no QoS and enabled 802.11/b/g/n. All of the other Wireless settings remained the same. The only other feature I've used on the AP is packet capturing.

The performance is loads better! Streaming from the cameras has improved no end, however, the AP likes to restart itself! There is no set time to which it does it. I'm thinking along the lines at the moment, the more packets it has to deal with, the more often it restarts.

I have increased the PoE prioty level on the port of the switch. I have also enabled LLDP. This has made no difference! I have also upgraded the firmware on the AP to 1.0.6.2.

Please help.

Michael

3 Replies 3

Hi,

I guess everyone is as stumped as I am?

Further to my previous update. The AP was nearly up for 2 days, however, I made a simple change to the channel select and the AP remained up for 10 minutes, promptly rebooting itself after that.

Cheers

Michael

On the odd occasion I'm also getting issues with the AP as though it Web GUI is not loading correctly. Random errors appearing such as;

The following error(s) have occurred...

handler factory_defaults returned error (function: _action_execute_handlers, file: /tmp/ec14042163_RELEASE_CUST_CISCO_OAKMONT2_MAIN_1.0.6.2-serc5358/vobs/ap/broadcom/src/web-ui-framework/controller.c, line: 1139)
   error occured for query on path device.system.factory-default-state (function: data_service, file: /tmp/ec14042163_RELEASE_CUST_CISCO_OAKMONT2_MAIN_1.0.6.2-serc5358/vobs/ap/broadcom/src/web-ui-framework/data_service.c, line: 481)
   lsql_query error: <select><system><factory-default-state></factory-default-state></system></select> (function: lsql_query, file: /tmp/ec14042163_RELEASE_CUST_CISCO_OAKMONT2_MAIN_1.0.6.2-serc5358/vobs/ap/broadcom/src/web-ui-services/apconf_query.c, line: 53)
error occured for query on path device.wizard (function: data_service, file: /tmp/ec14042163_RELEASE_CUST_CISCO_OAKMONT2_MAIN_1.0.6.2-serc5358/vobs/ap/broadcom/src/web-ui-framework/data_service.c, line: 481)
   lsql_query error: <select><wizard properties="all"></wizard></select> (function: lsql_query, file: /tmp/ec14042163_RELEASE_CUST_CISCO_OAKMONT2_MAIN_1.0.6.2-serc5358/vobs/ap/broadcom/src/web-ui-services/apconf_query.c, line: 53)
error occured for query on path device.system (function: data_service, file: /tmp/ec14042163_RELEASE_CUST_CISCO_OAKMONT2_MAIN_1.0.6.2-serc5358/vobs/ap/broadcom/src/web-ui-framework/data_service.c, line: 481)
   lsql_query error: <select><system properties="all"></system></select> (function: lsql_query, file: /tmp/ec14042163_RELEASE_CUST_CISCO_OAKMONT2_MAIN_1.0.6.2-serc5358/vobs/ap/broadcom/src/web-ui-services/apconf_query.c, line: 53)

The unit becomes unusable and extremely slow when I start receiving these errors andddddd its rebooted itself!

Help!