cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP121 returns to factory defaults on power cycle

diego-rodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

I've just bought a pair of WAP121 for testing and validation.

I've set it up properly (user/password, IP, management vlan, NTP, SNMP, 802.1x, etc).

So far, so good, everything worked as expected. I've downloaded the configuration to my PC, and also saved it to startup-config.

I've powered off the unit, went for a coffee, and powered it back. All my settings were lost.

Tried to restore settings from the file downloaded to my PC, but no luck. After reboot, it was factory clean, no trace from settings in the backup file.

I've set it up again by hand, power cycled it, and the damn thing reloaded to default settings.

Faulty unit, I thought, so I opened the other one I have, and repeated the whole thing, but same results. Test were made using the power adapter supplied but also tried with a catalyst 2960 with PoE.

Are my both units faulty?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

I am sorry that you are having the issue with the WAP121. I have played with and tested those are several different occasions and have not seen that issue. For in depth troubleshooting it may be quicker and more efficient to call in and work with one of our engineer on the phone. Please call 1-866-606-1866 for help in resolving this issue.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

piotr.kaczor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Diego,

did you found or got any solution from Support? I'm experiencing exactly the same problem, also with two same units -  WAP121-E-K9. I appreciate your feedback.

Best regards,

Piotr

Yes, I contacted with Service Support. It's a firmware bug. There is a workaround: you must uncheck "Use daylight savings" checkbox in time settings, anf then it works fine.

Cisco is working in a new firmware to solve this, but there's no release date for it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: