Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP121 upgrade failing, not using BIN, failing using TAR

cindygbev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I get the message "Firmware upgrade has failed. Please ensure that valid entries were specified in the required fields." when I try upgrade the firmware,

I am not unpacking the .tar, I'm using it just as it is downloaded from cisco.com.

I have single point setup with 4 WAP 121s. And it fails the same way on each one. 

Please advise.

Cindy 

1 Reply 1

cammunoz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Cindy,

Thank you for contacting Cisco support community center. I'm sorry that you are having the inconvenience mentioned. 

Are you trying to upgrade using HTTP or TFTP? 

Which web browser are you using for the upgrade? Have you tried a different browser?

If a different browser didn't work, I would suggest to disable the single point setup and test if the upgrade is successful.Just in case, I've included below a guide with the steps needed to upgrade the firmware.

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=53283703d9ce41f8889737b8605e0ce1_Firmware_Upgrade_on_WAP121_Access_Point.xml&pid=4&fcid=&fpid=&slnid=5

If you are still having issues with the upgrade, could you please attach a screenshot of the error received? 

If I can be of any further assistance, please, let me know. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: