cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point - Can't ping or connect to other ports.

lalford02
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have two of the routers in the title, set up for single point set up. Though we have an issue whereby we cannot connect our mobile devices to our in house built server software. The reason appears to be that the routers are stopping access on port ranges, we cannot even ping through the routers.

Can anyone tell me what setting is blocking this for us?

Thanks WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point WAP121 Wireless-N Access Pointsdsddsdsd

3 Replies 3

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

The device that you have listed in the title is not a router. It is an access point. 

What devices do you current have in your network and what exactly are you trying to do? If you could provide a topology of your network that would be a tremendous help.

If you prefer you can also call our support center and open a case so that one of our engineers can work directly with you. That may assist you in getting this issue resolve more quickly.

Please call 1-866-606-1866 if you like.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Technical Support | Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Sorry, we do have a Cisco router (can't remember which one) and 2 of the AP's above. 

Any device on the AP, cannot be connected to by PC's on the network. Specifically trying to remotely debug applications on a Microsoft Surface, with visual studio.  We cannot even ping the Surface.

We have tested remote debugging on other wireless AP's everything worked fine. 

Thank for the help 

If you mouse over my picture you should see my email

Please send the config for one of your WAPs. Also What is the IP scheme of your network? What IP do you get when your laptops connect to the AP?

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Technical Support | Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: