cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP121N simply stops

speedracerslots
Level 1
Level 1

Have a WAP121N that is simply stopping dead in its tracks randomly after about a week. Its running 1.0.4.4 is running off a POe injector.

At first the device would hang intermittently about every 3mo. and quit taking connections from devices.  The frequency of the hangs is now down to about 1x every 2wks.  The device is also extremely weak and slow upto the days leading up to the reboot.  So much so, that the devices start connecting to another brand N unit that is about 100ft further away.

Short of continually rebooting the device via a scripted process... any help or thoughts as to why this unit randomly stopping?

2 Replies 2

I have nearly the same problem as you. I have to WAP121 running from normal power. They are in operation for about 2 months now and about once a week the will completely hang (no ping, no web access, no WLAN) and need to be powered down and up again to be reachable again. I am also running on the latest FW 1.0.4.4.

Any advice for this?

I would never have expected that a quality SMB device from Cisco will behave so bad under practical use.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: