cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP150 country code DE

Boris.Karnaukh
Level 1
Level 1

I happen to own a WAP150 access point legally imported to Israel, although by some reason it reports country code DE in Wi-Fi network announcements.

Wrong country code causes a lot of compatibility issues with 802.11AC-standard devices. For example, Apple MacBooks tend to work on B/G/N even though Apple tablets within the same vicinity have no problem with 5Ghz diapason.

I would like to know how to change device country code to the correct one.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Boris,

The wireless band plan is hardcoded into the WAP. There is no way to change it and you have to replace the product with the one that corresponds to the country you are going to use the WAP. Product part numbers associated with the countries are available at  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/small-business-100-series-wireless-access-points/datasheet-c78-736450.html#Orderinginformation (Ordering Information)

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Boris,

The wireless band plan is hardcoded into the WAP. There is no way to change it and you have to replace the product with the one that corresponds to the country you are going to use the WAP. Product part numbers associated with the countries are available at  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/small-business-100-series-wireless-access-points/datasheet-c78-736450.html#Orderinginformation (Ordering Information)

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Martin

Thank you for clarification. It looks like there is no specific version for Israel or ME, so the version I have is the best I can get.

Nevertheless it looks strange that most SOHO vendors give user some knob to properly select country code, while Cisco has no such provision in semi-professional model.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: