cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wap150 refuse connection on 2.4 G

FerruccioCovio
Level 1
Level 1

Wap150 refuse connection on 2.4G. No problem connecting 5G. But my PC and other device can’t connect 5G. No problem with my old WAP121.

what can i do?

Ferruccio (Italy)

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the SSID/WLAN settings for the particular Wlan. Make sure 2.4Gis enabled.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi.

The settings are OK. In fact it accepts some connections.

Some client connect, some other not connect. 

Particulary: if i left my PC connected i can find it yet connected after one day.

If i try to connect another PC or my iPhone i get message: "This network is not available at the moment, try later". 

I recently got the same error connecting a bus wi-fi when i was abroad. We were 40 people using a bus to visit different locations, the first 20/25 peoples who boarded the bus connected the other received this error message. I learnt to get on the bus among the first one. I thought there should be a limit on the number of possible connections.

But at my home i have no more than 10 devices connected via wifi although in my building I see many wifi networks. Can it be an overcrowding problem?

Anywaty.

This problem doesn't occur under 5G or replacing the WAP 150 whit my older WAP 121 (supporting only 2.4G).

Ferruccio

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi, What is the log details showing for 2.4GHz SSID when it is refuse connection?

Thank you.
I don't know.
I'll try to enable log.
Ferruccio

Hi,

Yes, please enable the log. Probably we can get some details about the reason for disconnection from that.

I checked the log.

These are some lines after error connection of my iphone. 
Assoc request from 54:99:63:be:45:8a BSSID 70:f3:5a:24:a6:88 SSID Pinocchio
station: 54:99:63:be:45:8a deauthenticated
STA 54:99:63:be:45:8a deauthed from BSSID 70:f3:5a:24:a6:88 reason 3: STA is leaving IBSS or ESS

sorry for the late of my answer 

i didn’t have time to try before - i can resist using my old WAP121, it support only 2.4 and does’t refuse connection

Bye 

It happens so.

if i connect iPad to 2.4 it connects, trying to connect iPhone i can’t.
If i disconnect iPad from 2.4 and connect it to 5 then i can connect iPhone to 2.4. 
At this point if i deconnect iPad from 5 and i try to connect to 2.4 i get the error STA 60:8c:4a:c8:dd:cc deauthed from BSSID 70:f3:5a:24:a6:88 reason 3: STA is leaving IBSS or ESS

i haven’t the same problem with the old wap121

I borrow a Tplink AP, dual radio.

No problem under 2.4 network. Alla my devices connect.

This WAP150 is a really bad one.

FC

ammartrb1
Level 1
Level 1

I have same issue refuse connection on 2.4 G

In android  error message   access point temporarily full

in laptop machine  cannotcan't connect to this network 

I have returned the product