cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP150 Stuck in Cisco Firmware Recovery

Len Levin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WAP150 that I was doing a firmware upgrade on.  The firmware was at 1.0.0.16.  The upgrading it to 1.1.1.0  The upgrade was being done with the WAP on the network using POE as opposed to direct power connection.

I started the upgrade and after a couple of hours it was still not online.  I took it off the network and directly connected it to my MacBook Air.  Still no go.  I reset it using the reset button.  It now has an address of 192.168.1.1 in Cisco Firmware Recovery.  I have tried to upload both 1.1.1.0 and 1.0.0.16.  All I see at the bottom of the browser window is 'Sending request to 192.168.1.1...  There is a link to a 'Reboot' command, when clicked seems to have no affect.

Is the WAP going to the scrap pile?  Suggestions?

Len

15 Replies 15

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Len,

It seems firmware upgradation process not completed successfully. You can open a service request with us following the below mentioned link, we will try to upgrade /recover the firmware on that device.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

In case that doesn’t work then we may process the replacement based on the entitlement applicable for that serial number.

Note: The default IP address of the WAP150 is 192.168.1.245.

Sujoy,

I called support and opened a case, 687736323.  I have tried everything we discussed.  Still stuck

There serial number is DNI1651A0SG.  Not sure if it still under warranty, but if there is anything you can do for me it will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Len

Hi Len,

On the subject you have mentioned about the WAP150 device however the mentioned serial number is not for WAP150 device. Please cross-verify the same.

Sujoy,

I miss typed  by one number.  Here is the correct number DNI1951A0SG.

Len

Hi Len,

Thank you for your reply. One of our Engineer is working on your service request (you have mentioned) and already he has sent an Email to you, please reply on that to proceed further.

Also please include this correct serial number details on that Email

I have the same problem - what was your final solution?

Mine was under warranty and was replaced.

@EimsA wrote:

I have the same problem - what was your final solution?

Bric Mic Cade
Level 1
Level 1

Place a jumper between pin 2 and 3 on J5, power on the device, go to 192.168.1.1 and upload the firmware.

Remove the jumper after is done and go to 192.168.1.245. What was strange I uploaded WAP150_1.0.0.13.tar and after I got v1.1.1.0 working (the one who crushed the device).

Good luck!

How does one get into the case to place the jumper please?

The same way Jesus got into the virgin Mary's womb :)

After 2k years the mankind still debate the solution, I'm sure his father just used the basic tool instead.

So basically, a screwdriver should be enough for our case, but other tools can be used as well - e.g. hammer, nano robots, etc :)

Hi,

In case you are facing the issue with WAP150 device then please do not try to tamper the hardware, instead you can raise a service request following the link mentioned below to get support based on the entitlement.

Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

GastonG
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @Sujoy Paria 

I am having the same problem but not the same cause.

We removed all the AP and were not used for a while. I joined this company two weeks ago and start deploying the wifi solution. There is only one of four WAP150 that does not boot. The greenlight keeps blinking.

A couple of time it booted and I was able to login to 192.168.1.245 but suddenly the web crashed and the AP Light starts to blink again.

Any clues? My SN is DNI2029A04M

Sujoy,

We, Cisco Support and I, were not able to fix it.  Mine was still under warranty.  I was sent a replacemnt

Len

@Sujoy Paria @Len Levin 

Any Idea... ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: