Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP150 use captive portal

suslan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 4 WAP150-E-K9-EU v02. The Software version is 1.1.0.9.

I try configurate the Captive Portal with autentication local, but is imposible because when I put the Associate VAP (2.4 GHz) and Associate VAP (5GHz)  and click SAVE, the configuration is not save!!

Can someone help me?

• Administrative Mode—Enable
• Protocol— HTTP—
• Verification—Local—The WAP device uses a local database to authenticate the users.
the database consists of users added on Local Groups/Users.
• Redirect—Disabled
• Away Timeout— 120 minutes.
• Session Timeout— 120 minutes
• Maximum Bandwidth Upstream— 30 Mbps
• Maximum Bandwidth Downstream- 30 Mbps.
• Associate VAP(2.4G)— VAP1 (SSID_Inv)
• Associate VAP(5G)— VAP0 (SSID_Inv)

The log file shows nothing and no error appears when clicking save.

I also have doubts about how I have to configure the VAP in this case, like Open? with WPA2? in any case I want it to do local authentication through the captive portal.

Thanks

13 Replies 13

agekov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @suslan

Hope you are doing well!

My name is Anton and I am part of Cisco SMB Support Team. 

Could you confirm whether you have followed the steps provided in the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doXUcHGG2vE

You can also review the WAP150 administration guide below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap150_361/Administration/Guide/EN-US/b_WAP150_361_Admin_Guide.pdf

Kind Regards!

Anton Gekov
Technical Consulting Engineer – Level 1
Global CX Centers – Small Business Support

Hi Anton,

Thank you very much for your reply.
If I have seen that video, but it is actually from WAP371 and has more options than WAP150, so I can't follow it.
The document that I have followed is this: 

https://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/1033790203.pdf

The one you attach does not fit the dashboard I have.

I attach the doc with the configuration we do, but the problem is does not save , and it doesn't display error. 

I have doubts about how I have to configure the VAPs (open, WPA2 ...) 

Is that why it might not save correctly?

Thank for you help.

suslan

Hello @soportefibratel,

Thank you for update!

No, the Security settings of VAP's should not represent problem for the Captive Portal configuration.

Of course just for the purpose of the test you can check with every single security option even with none. 

Kind Regards!

Anton Gekov

Thanks Anton,

We have tried Open, WPA Personal and WPA Enterprise and in all cases the same thing happens to us, we did not manage to save the value in the captive portal.

I should like to add that we can connect to the SSID but of course, the captive portal does not appear since it is not linked.

agekov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @suslan,

Thank you for the update!

I would like to ask whether those SSID's that you want to associate are active and have connected clients using them?

If no large impact on your environment can you disable them prior to attempting associating to Captive Portal Instance?

Otherwise schedule a Maintenance window for that.

Kind Regards!

Anton Gekov

Hello,
We have disable SSID prior to attempting associating to Captive Portal Instance and we had no change, the associating doesn't permit save the VAP.
This appear a bug, but i didn't find nothing about this. 

Do you have any idea what might be happening?

Here's a more descriptive resource: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doXUcHGG2vE&t=91s

Thank Glenn! 

I saw that video, but it is actually from WAP371 and has more options than WAP150, so I can't follow it.

I do apologize, that document was mis-labeled. I've corrected the title. Thanks for pointing that out..

Take a look at this document on our Knowledge Base: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/wireless/cisco-small-business-100-series-wireless-access-points/smb5430-configure-captive-portal-on-your-wireless-access-point-using.html

This should help you out.

Again, I apologize for the delay. If you need further assistance please contact our Technical Support, or follow up here.

Also if this document helps you please acknowledge by clicking the Helpful button below.

Hello Glenn,

Thank you for you help.
The AP is working with other SSIDs, if I activate the Setup Wizard, I would lose the rest of SSIDs, right?
The problem is that when I try configure in the Instance Configuration page, we can't associate to the correct Virtual Access Point, it is impossible to save the value.

Hello! the problem was the web browser, when we used Internet Explorer the button save work perfectly.

But the splash page didn't work. Always appear security settings of VAP's, no the Captive Portal.

This is the configuration:

• Administrative Mode—Enable
• Protocol— HTTP—
• Verification—Local—The WAP device uses a local database to authenticate the users.
the database consists of users added on Local Groups/Users.
• Redirect—Disabled
• Away Timeout— 120 minutes.
• Session Timeout— 120 minutes
• Maximum Bandwidth Upstream— 30 Mbps
• Maximum Bandwidth Downstream- 30 Mbps.
• Associate VAP(2.4G)— VAP1 (SSID_Inv)
• Associate VAP(5G)— VAP0 (SSID_Inv)

And in Captive Portal > Global Configuration

• Captive Portal Mode—Enable
  •  

The VAP configuration both VAP configurate with WAP Personal. We tested with other security parameters, and the result is the same:  the portar cautive don’t appear.

If resolved after this time did you get a fix?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: