Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP200 ¿Connected client list?

David Cordovez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Someone could tell me if there is any way to get information about clients connected to an AP WAP200?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello David,

I set one of these up in our lab and it looks like theere is only one place to see a list of connected clients.

You can of course check your DHCP server for the leases it is handing out, but they won't be identified as wireless clients.

You can also go into the admin page of the WAP200, under Wireless >> Connection Control.

There you have to select enabled for connection control (you don't have to save it) and then you should be able to click on the wireless client list button.

As far as I can tell it only lists MAC addresses, although with those you could look at your DHCP server and find the IP address that got assigned to that MAC address.

Hope that helps.

Christopher Ebert

Network Support Engineer - Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello David,

I set one of these up in our lab and it looks like theere is only one place to see a list of connected clients.

You can of course check your DHCP server for the leases it is handing out, but they won't be identified as wireless clients.

You can also go into the admin page of the WAP200, under Wireless >> Connection Control.

There you have to select enabled for connection control (you don't have to save it) and then you should be able to click on the wireless client list button.

As far as I can tell it only lists MAC addresses, although with those you could look at your DHCP server and find the IP address that got assigned to that MAC address.

Hope that helps.

Christopher Ebert

Network Support Engineer - Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*

Thanks for responding Christopher,

The option you indicate works but is not ideal or atleast not expected for an Access Point Cisco "Small Business".

I have worked with several acces point, and I think the possibility to quickly see connected clients and relevant information from them is a basic function that should have the Access Point.

Is there some technical reason for not including a list of clients connected?

Hopefully consider a firmware upgrade to include that list.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: