Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP312 - Power LED Flashing / Nothing else on

MarkusIsack
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

my WAP312 just lost the WLAN signal and is not accessable over LAN. It is only flashing its Power LED, nothing else. I already tried a reset (30 sec holding of the reset button). Do you guys know a solution for that, or is this a repair case for cisco?

Best Regards

Markus

2 Replies 2

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I'm sorry you are having issues with your device.

If just the Power light is flashing it is not a good sign but there are still a few things you can do to see if it is broken and needs to be replaced or if it just lost its configuration.

From the quick start up guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap121/quick_start/guide/WAP_121_321_QSG.pdf

Flashing power light means it is booting up or it is performing a firmware upgrade, in any case it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to go back to solid.

This is what i would recommend for you to do:

1- Check that you are using the right power source. Are you suing a PoE switch? What kind? What about a power adapter? Do you have one? Did it come with the unit? Do you have a spare 12V 1AM power adapter that you can use to see if the issue is the adapter?

2- Assuming you do have a power adapter, connect the WAP directly to your PC, make sure it is powered on and hold the rest button for 35 seconds so the device will reset.

3- On your PC, configure a static IP address on the ethernet adapter and assigned 192.168.1.100 to it with subnet 255.255.255.0

4- Try to access the web GUI of the WAP going to http://192.168.1.245

If you are successful then the device is OK and you just need to reconfigure it, if it doesn't work then I would recommend to contact the Small Business Support center at 866-606-1866 and create a case.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

vinc.cordier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Markus,

I have exactly the same behaviour on one unit of my cluster since 2 days.

Do you still have the same issue ? How did you fix it ?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Vincent

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: