Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've just setup a WAP321:

- 2 vlans: 200 & 250

- ip address on vlan 200 (management)

- SSID on vlan 200

- SSID on vlan 250

The LAN port is connected to Cisco Catalyst (Trunk 200,250).

In vlan 200, there is the customer lan

In vlan 250, there is a box to access to internet.

SSID associated to vlan 200 works properly. But the captive portal associated to vlan 250 doens't work...

When we connect to it, and the captive portal is off, we can access to internet (the box give an ip address). But when I setup the captive portal to vap2 (vlan250), we can't access to internet (but the DHCP works properly). We have access to nothing, the page in the browser is blank.

I suspect a mistake with DNS configuration. I have read that the captive portal needs to be associated to vap0, is it true?

In attached files, the wap321 config.

Thanks for your help

6 Replies 6

a.reiner
Level 1
Level 1

up

Hi  Alexandre, thanks for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. Did you resolve your problem? If you resolved it, I encourage you to share your answer with the community so other users can benefit from it. If you need any help, please let me know and we´ll help you.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Jonathan

No, I've not resolved my problem.

Thanks

Hi alexandre, yes, the captive portal needs to be associated to the vap, I found some information that could help you with your problem

http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=2947

http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=2937

You can also check this document in captive portal section. I hope you find this answer useful, *

**Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"**

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the links.

The captive portal is associated to the VAP2 (vap0 is the default vap, and vap1 is another SSID).

I don't use RADIUS, but the local authentication.

When I setup the authentication to GUEST, it works. But when I setup with "Local authentication", we can't access to the internet.

Another problem with this AP: we must reboot it every morning, because we can't connect to it. After reboot, it's OK.

Is there a problem with this AP?

Hello Alexandre,

My name is Vijay. Thank you for using support forum. I have tested your case. I found that Captive Portal will only works on VLAN200 (Management VLAN). I understand that you would like have a separate network for your customers. You can do that by setting up a separate SSID password for customer network. This will work the same way as captive portal except for the URL re-direct feature. So I suggest that you dissociate Captive Portal instance for Customer LAN (VLAN250), associate VLAN200 for captive portal, and set up additional security for SSID 2 (Customer network).

Please let me know if you have any questions or require further assistance.

Thanks,

Vijay S. Venkitachalam