Helpful
Replies

WAP321 - Captive portal in 2 different VLAN

alabelle1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Wap321 installed in my network.  IP: 192.168.0.36 - VLAN 1

If I'm in the local area network, I do not have any problem to use the wireless.

I just added a guest VLAN for people who need Internet connection without LAN access. So I setup a second SSID and tag it with vlan 50. I can access to Internet.  But If I want active the captive portal, I'm unable to access to it because the adress is in the VLAN 1 (or 192.168.0.36).

How I can setup my Wap321 to have the captive portal in the VLAN 50, not in the VLAN 1?

Thank you               

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alexandre,

For interVlan setting on ISA5510, yes same security settings is the first step for allowing this feature to work. This article will help  you configure InterVlan routing.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2035882 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Alexandre,

If you have a router upstream, please make sure that you have enabled inter-vlan routing in there. Also, on the WAP321, please configure the router's VLAN 1 IP address as the default gateway. With these settings, you should be able to use Captive Portal for both VLAN 1 and VLAN 50.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nagaraja

Hello Nagaraja,

My router is a ASA5510... I know, it's not a router! How I can enable inter-vlan routing? It is the same security levels settings? beacause I already enable this settings...

The default gateway of my WAP321 is the IP address of my router on the VLAN1 (192.168.0.1).

Thank for your help

Alex

Hi Alexandre,

For interVlan setting on ISA5510, yes same security settings is the first step for allowing this feature to work. This article will help  you configure InterVlan routing.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2035882 

Thank you Ismael... very helpful!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: