cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 configuration help

John Rodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WAP321 I am trying to set up.  It's connected to gi1/23 and the switch system mode is set to router.  The rest of the network works just fine.

I have an SG500-28p and the port is configured as:

interface gigabitethernet1/23

spanning-tree portfast

spanning-tree link-type point-to-point

macro description ap

switchport trunk allowed vlan add 20-22

macro auto smartport type ap $native_vlan 23

VLAN 23 is my management/default vlan

DHCP for vlan 20 is on a microsoft domain controller

DHCP for vlan 21 (the voice vlan) and configured on the UC560

DHCP for vlan 22 is configured on the UC560 as well

On the WAP321 wizard, configured IP address on my management vlan and also configured the default SSID on that vlan.  That works. (I plan to remove that one) Then I add the two SSIDs for vlan 20 and 22 (private and public access)  and I can't associate to either of the two additional SSIDs. I haven't configured any other settings beyond the wizard and adding the other two SSIDs.  I do want cisco mobile ios (jabber) to work on the private network and also do have a couple spa525g2s that need to connect wirelessly.

1 Reply 1

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I found this information regarding association Vlan-SSID:

STEP 1 Select Wireless > Networks in the navigation pane.

STEP 2 Select the Enabled check box for the VAP you want to configure.

—Or—

If VAP0 is the only VAP configured on the system, and you want to add a VAP, click

Add. Then, select the VAP and click Edit.

STEP 3 Configure the parameters:

VLAN ID—The VID of the VLAN to associate with the VAP.

You can get more information in admin guide from your WAP321 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap121/administration/guide/WAP121_321_AG_en.pdf, in page 74. If you have any question just let me know.

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: