I recently purchased a third WAP321 access point and have found that I cannot upgrade its firmware (currently 18.104.22.168) to the latest (22.214.171.124). I've followed the same procedure from the same browser using the same firmware image (.tar file) as I used successfully for the other two, however this new AP always presents the message: "Firmware upgrade has failed. Please ensure that valid entries were specified in the required fields." Any ideas as to what's going on? Here's the system info from the new AP:
PID VID: WAP321-A-K9 V01 Serial Number: SER190400VF Base MAC Address: 58:F3:9C:63:2B:98 Firmware Version: 126.96.36.199 Firmware MD5 Checksum: ff3a59299d1b0cdfa46da5997fb00166 Host Name: wap632b98 System Uptime: 0 days, 0 hours, 35 minutes System Time: Thu May 21 2015 16:13:12 PDT Power Source: PoE
Interestingly, the firmware checksum for 188.8.131.52 doesn't match what is listed for the 184.108.40.206 firmware image on the downloads page. (While the other two WAPs that have been upgraded to 220.127.116.11 show the same firmware checksum as is listed on the downloads page for that image.)
Best thing to do right now would be to re-download the firmware 18.104.22.168 and try a different web browser. I have seen where the web browser will keep showing that error and fixed it with a different web browser. Also, try another computer if it still fails. I hope that helps.
I tried the upgrade again from Firefox in a Windows XP virtual machine (original system was Safari on OSX). The first attempt to upgrade directly 22.214.171.124 failed, though instead of getting the "Firmware upgrade has failed." message, Firefox reported that the server had timed out. For the second attempt I tried upgrading to the 126.96.36.199 image I downloaded from the website (that appears to have a different checksum). On this attempt, the firmware upload succeeded and I got to the page with the orange progress bar that I presume is just waiting for the actual upgrade process to complete on the device. After some time I got a pop-up about the device being unresponsive, and now I can't seem to access it at all...